Friday, February 28, 2014

Miam Miam Review

Location: It is located at 1th floor of westgate

Operating hours:11:30am to 10.00pm daily

My friend suggested this restaurant as it is mixture of French Artisanal Cuisine and Japanese culinary which sound quite nice. At first, I was skeptical about this suggestion when I saw quite a lot bad reviews on this restaurant. People are complaining about the bad service and food on hungrygowhere. However, I decided to give it a try since I didn't try such cuisine before.

When we arrived at the restaurant around 6pm, there was only a few people waiting in the queue and we managed to get our seats quite fast.
Menu of the restaurant
Teriyaki Spaghetti:I ordered this spaghetti. The bacon was quite nice and not too salty. The chicken meat was kind of disappointing as it was not well marinated :( I love the leeks which has crunchy feel and mushroom is always my favorite. The spaghetti was quite delicious except dryness.

 
Squid Ink Pasta: I find this pasta a bit of weird due to the squid ink -.- At first, i wasn't keen on trying it but my friends all convinced me that it is quite nice. I took a small bite and it was quite good. However, it gave me a black teeth and black lip like a monster ...

 
Carbonara Spaghetti: Carbonara usually has a very thick sauce to go with the spaghetti which make people bloated after eating a while. However, the sauce for this Carbonara has quite a nice texture, not too thick or watery. The taste is also quite yummy.

 
Miam Miam Spaghetti: This dish is one of the highlight of this restaurant. It has quite a lot ingredients to go with the spaghetti unlike others. It is really quite yummy and delicious. It is a must try in this restaurant.

 
Riz au curry: The taste is quite normal and nothing special about this dish. Even my friend couldn't finish this dish. Not worth giving a try.

 
French toast: This dish is also all time favorite of the restaurant. The bread is quite well toasted and cut into small cube. There is ball of whipped cream on top on of it. It could be better if it is ice cream as I don't really like whipped cream. We were given sweet maple syrup to pour over it which helps to enhance the taste of the french toast. Another must try dish.

  The restaurant doesn't serve any ice water which is bad especially customers get thirsty after eating "dry" pasta and spaghetti. I think they are trying to "force" customers to buy drinks which we did in the end ...

The service of the restaurant is quite good at first but the servers keep on trying to clear our plates when some of us haven't finish consuming our dinner. I have worked in F&B industry so I know the manager constantly reminding us to clear the plates and utensil. However, they should at least waited until everyone is done with it which gave us a feeling that they are trying to chase us away. I can see the long queue outside the restaurant but they shouldn't do this to the customers.

Overall, we spent a total of $177 for 7 people. The food is quite nice unlike the reviews on hungrygowhere. The service is still acceptable but can be further improved on. Remember to go early if you want to avoid the long queue :)