Thursday, January 16, 2014

cat cafe in myeongdong

Lily cat cafe

Godabang cat cafe
Other than dog cafe in myeongdong, there are also other interesting cafes there like cat cafes. I am not sure exactly how many cat cafes are there but I saw at least 2 of them. I arrived early in the morning around 11am but both cat cafes are not opened even though the time stated for lily cat cafe is 11am. Hence, I went to shop around for my friends skin care products and had my lunch. Since godabang is nearer to me, I decided to give it a try. The entrance fees for godabang is 8000won.
Operating hour for godabang: weekdays 1pm to 10pm | weekends 12pm to 10pm
On the way up, I was greeted by this "dao" garfield.
Entrance of the cat cafe
Upon entering, the owner asked me to change to the slipper given and wash my hands. She also briefed us on the rules of the cafe. The entrance fees was paid at the cashier and I made my free drink order.
U also can buy treats for the cats!!
Rules of the cafe
There are total of 22 cats in this cafe and they have description of every single cats on this wall.
No all cats are friendly so the staff tied a yellow scarf to let us know which cats don't really like human touch

Try spotting how many cats are in this photo :p
Do ri mi cat sequence which is very cute

Simply just love this cat face when he is sleeping *can't really take clear photo due to the sunlight -.-
Bucket of toys in the middle of the cafe where customers can use the toys to interact with the cat. Although there is only 2 staff at that moment, they still interact with the customers and teach us on how to use these toys. Every cats also like different toys.

I choose this tail to interact with the cats
This is my favorite cat who is always looking out of the window. Quite hard to catch his attention. Maybe plotting his way to escape *.*
The cat with leopard spot which enjoy ball game like cute dog :)
One last photo! This cat is always building sand castle in the air unless u try to use ribbon to play with him.

Overall, it is really quite a nice and clean cafe for relaxing and taking a break after a few hours of shopping at myeongdong. It is really quite affordable. It is lesser than $10 with a drink as compared to Sg Neko cat cafe hourly charge which I went before going Korea -.- Furthermore, there is only 2 staff but they are really friendly and interact with the customers. They don't just hide behind the counter unlike most of Sg Neko cat cafe staff talking among themselves. (There is 1 staff at Neko cat cafe who interacts with the customers but his tone doesn't sound friendly. It is more like nagging and scolding. Maybe he needs to change his tone to make customers feel more friendly:) I just don't see the point having so many staff but they are not providing good customer service.)

Godabang staff even teach customer on what toys to interact with the cats which make everyone feel like home. Although I am neutral toward cats, I feel welcome at the cat cafe. It is one of the best customer service and I just simply enjoy it.