Friday, December 6, 2013

Kim Dae Mun Korean Food


I went korea for 1 month plus, I really tried a lot korean foods which are extremely nice and I am looking forward to try nice one in Singapore. However, most of korean food are pretty expensive and their tastesare not up to the mark in Singapore. Kim Dae Mun is recommended by my friend, Mia who also love korean food and I decided to give it a try with my friends.

Location: It is located at basement food court of concorde hotel, 100 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238840.
When we first arrived at the food court around 7pm, there is not much queue. I ordered pan fried slice fish set. While waiting for the food, the queue starts to get longer and there was like over 30 people appearing out of nowhere. We were quite thankful that we arrived early.

Pan fried sliced fish set.The soup and rice is normal which I didn't expect much. However, they are really generous with the sliced fish with at least 6 to 7 pieces. Even after passing my friends two slices, I can hardly finish my meal. The fish texture is quite soft and goes well with the sauce. Furthermore, it doesn't give the oily taste at all. I wish they would give a bit more sauce to go with the fish. For $7.50, I feel it is really worth the price.

Potato pancake. I remembered the best potato pancake I had is at nandaemun. It was really awesome but oily. For this potato pancake, it is quite crispy yet not oily. It is better to eat it hot and crispy. The portion is also quite small compared to the one I had at korea but it is still worth trying.

Overall, I feel it is really quite nice and affordable. I will definitely come back again to try out other dishes.