Thursday, December 5, 2013

Dian Xiao Er


*credit of these photos go to my friend as he brought his camera to take nice photos
Location: 63 Jurong West Central 3, #03-26/27, Jurong Point, Singapore 648331

Operating hours:Mon - Fri 11.30am - 3.00pm (last order 2.30pm) | 5.30pm - 10.00pm (last order 9.30pm)
Weekend and Public Holiday 11.30am - 10.00pm (last order 9.30pm)

It is the first time I went to dian xiao er to have dinner as I always thought it is only famous for selling duck meat but I am wrong. When I first entered the restaurant, the design gives a feeling that I am entering Inn (like those chinese ancient drama). The restaurant was quite well decorated. We ordered a family Set A and Set B (each set we choose 4 pax share). In this way, we are able to taste more dishes :)
Look at the amount of dishes we ordered for 8 people :)
Hong Kong style steamed fish slice. Personally, I don't really like this fish as it is quite bland. The fish meat is unable to absorb the gravy and not tender enough.

Poached bamboo pit with asparagus. I don't really eat asparagus unless it come with bacon. However, this asparagus is really fresh and nice. It doesn't give the raw vegetable feeling and it is crunchy.

baby kai lan with salted fish and lime. I find it quite amuse when I am eating. First of all, it doesn't has any lime taste at all as I expecting it to be a bit sour. I hardly can find any salted fish inside. However, the vegetable is quite fresh and I love kai lan so I won't complain about it.

braised assorted mushroom with broccoli. The gravy of the dish goes well with broccoli as broccoli is tasteless. My favorite part of this dish is the assorted mushroom. They use quite a few mushroom like shiitake, abalone and some other mushroom. I just simply love all kind of mushroom :)

stir fried bitter gourd and pumpkin. This dish is also quite delicious especially with the pumpkin taste and it is not those overwhelming taste. I also wonder if they really use bitter gourd as I cant feel any bitter taste at all.

Golden fried tofu. This tofu is really special which I believe it is made by the company. It contains some meat and vegetable fillings which give the tofu extra taste. It is crispy on the outside and soft inside.

mongolian spare rib. The meat is delicious but I don't really like the taste of the gravy. I still prefer my sweet and sour pork ribs over this.

dong po pork. This dish is just simply awesome. The meat absorb all the essence of the gravy. When u r eating it, u can really feel the chewiness of the meat. Every bite will release the gravy. It is delicious :)
Duck roasted with angelic herb.

Duck roasted with ten wonder herb.

We had a discussion to see which one is the best roasted duck. Personally, I choose Duck roasted with angelic herb as i prefer the gravity taste. The meat is also more tender compared to the Duck roasted with ten wonder herb. Some of my friends prefer the Duck roasted with ten wonder herb cause of the overwhelming herb taste. Which one is nice? I leave it for u all to try.

Overall, the service is quite good. However, the air con is kind of cold which blow the food cold fast ... We spent slightly less than $200 for 8 people which is quite affordable. Furthermore, we get to try a wide variety of food.